Sunday, October 16, 2011

When do you tell your new significant other that you have kids?

                                              
                                                   
                                         
In a new relationship, when is the best time to bring up the fact that you have children?

A guy that I was seeing recently was having extreme issues cuming inside me (even though there was a condom and I am on birth control). I spoke with my best friend about it and without hesitation she said “Probably because he doesn’t want to get another girl pregnant”.

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open “Whaaaaaaa?”

She then told me that he had a kid. “Didn’t you know?” “Does this face look like a face of someone who knows?”

Upon “sharking” (my friend’s word, not mine) Facebook, there it was, concrete proof in a picture that he did have a kid.

Our relationship wasn’t a one night stand; it was very much a progressive thing. We had spent hours just talking and getting to know each other the past couple of months.

Upon talking to other close friends about the topic, the men all said something to the effect of “Why are you freaking out? He would’ve told you eventually.” While all of the women say “What the fuck? How could he not have told you? That’s just fucked up.”

What do you think? When is it appropriate to tell your new significant other that you have kids?  

No comments:

Post a Comment